Friday, April 16, 2010

A tisket, a tasket...

...a red and yellow basket.
I made a block, for my friend,
and now I really want it!(singing)















If I want to keep her for my friend, I guess that means I will have to make another one for myself, huh? That's okay.  I'm only teasing, you know!  Tracy has the month of April for her blocks in the Nittany Block Party I belong to.  She mailed us fabric to make two improv blocks of our choice.  We could add any fabrics from our stash that fit into her color scheme of yellow, red and black.  I added the background and dot fabric.  The idea for the baskets comes from Gwen Marston in her latest book, Liberated Quilting ll.  There has been lots on the internet about this wonderful book.  I hope that you have seen a copy by now, and maybe even own one like I do.


For her companion block, I again sought out Gwen's instructions on how to make a wonky star.  It's  pretty cute, I think!



I'll be mailing these little gems to Allentown, PA just as soon as I can quit petting them!

7 comments:

  1. I loved your blocks so much!! I was SOOo tempted to make baskets too, but I did something different...like a good girl. I also linked you on my blog post.
    Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Beth have put me to shame. I think I need a creativity recharge! Your blocks and Beth's blocks are so awesome. Well, I'm speechless -- almost :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS blocks, Carla! The fabrics are fun and I really love your basket handles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with wonky stars, yours is darling! Also, loving' the liberated crosses : ) Glad you posted your link on flickr so I could find your cool blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks are super cute! Well done.

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found you on Fresh Modern Quilts and am I glad I did! I am now a follower. Love your stuff. -- Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. those baskets are wonderful. I love that stripey fabric on the handles - really makes it. those stars are awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete